Ward 7 By-Election 2016 (Municipal By-Election)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- Will you push for increased transit investment on the Mountain? If so, how will you pay for it?
- Will you push for a safe, continuous cycling network in Ward 7 with better connections to the rest of the mountain and the lower city?
- Will you encourage the creation and growth of more neighbourhood associations in your ward?
- Will you encourage the city to shift new development away from car-dependant sprawl?
- Income inequality is a serious problem in Hamilton, and poverty is increasing in mountain neighbourhoods. What will you do to reduce inequality in Ward 7 and across the city?
- Do you support a more vibrant neighbourhood retail destination on Upper Wellington? If so, what do you propose to achieve this?
- How important is it for Council to work with specific goals and targets for each City Department at the beginning of each year? How would you ensure this happened?
- In your view, what's not happening now in the City of Hamilton that you'd like to see happen? Why? What's not happening now in Ward 7 that you'd like to see happen? Why? What's not happening now at City Hall that you'd like to see happen? Why?
- How will you help to break down barriers between Councillors and the Wards they represent to ensure a more cohesive Council and more balanced decision making?
RTH Articles (top)
Time to Reject the Status Quo and Reimagine Our Public Space, By John-Paul Danko, Published 2015-11-26
Aim High With Claremont Redevelopment, By John-Paul Danko, Published 2016-01-19
New Ward 7 Councillor Faces Great Challenges and Opportunities, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2016-03-22
Reflections on a Council By-Election Campaign, By John-Paul Danko, Published 2016-03-28
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.