Ontario Provincial Election 2011 Hamilton Centre (Provincial)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- In 2007, the Ontario Government promised two light rail lines in Hamilton. Will you fulfill that promise to build light rail in Hamilton? Why or why not?
- Will you complete the job of uploading social services costs to the Province? Why or why not?
- Hamilton has a lot of available office space in the downtown. Will you move any departments to Hamilton to boost the local economy and save on rent costs? Why or why not?
- Do you support completing the Mid-Peninsula Highway? Why or why not?
- The Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area has some of the worst traffic congestion in North America. What, if anything, will you do to alleviate the gridlock?
- Hamilton has a large number of contaminated brownfield properties that present a risk for investors. What, if anything, will you do to make it easier to remediate brownfields?
- Do you believe municipalities should have more powers to generate revenue? If so, what would you propose? If not, why not?
- Do you support term limits for municipal politicians? Why or why not?
RTH Articles (top)
Don't Vote on October 6, By Michael Borrelli, Published 2011-09-16
Liberals Win Ontario Election , By Adrian Duyzer, Published 2011-10-06
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Candidate Questions for Provincial Election, By RTH Staff, Published 2011-09-02
Parties Compete Over Regional Transit Support, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-09-12
Get Out and Vote: Hamilton Area Advance Polls Mapped, By Joey Coleman, Published 2011-09-22
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.