Hamilton Municipal Election 2018 Ward 3 (Municipal)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- Since the 1950s, most new residential and commercial development in Hamilton has been single-use suburban sprawl. Do you believe Hamilton needs to concentrate new development within the already-built area? Why or why not?
- Should Hamilton be trying to attract more young people to live, work and start businesses here, including the 60,000 students studying at Mohawk College, McMaster University and Redeemer University? If so, what should we be doing? If not, why not?
- Hamilton has been experiencing a slow-motion crisis in housing affordability. Do you support an expanded role for the City to provide more affordable housing? If so, what should Hamilton do? If not, why not?
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act mandates that cities must be completely accessible by 2025. What changes would you make to ensure Hamilton complies with this mandate?
- Global warming is an existential challenge facing humanity. Do you think Hamilton should play a role in addressing climate change? If so, what should the city be doing? If not, why not?
- Do you support the "Vision Zero" goal of eliminating traffic fatalities and serious injuries in Hamilton? If so, what specific actions would you take to implement this policy? If not, why not?
- Hamilton has a legacy of multi-lane, one-way arterial streets dating back to the 1950s. Do you support accelerating the conversion of these streets to two-way? Why or why not?
- Do you support improved public transit in Hamilton? If so, what changes do you propose? If not, why not?
- Do you support phasing out area rating for transit? Why or why not?
- Council has voted dozens of times since 2008 to advance Hamilton's light rail transit (LRT) project, including voting to submit the plan with a full funding request to the Province in 2013, and voting to accept full funding and implementation from the Province in 2015. Do you support completing the LRT plan? Why or why not?
- Bonus question: If LRT goes ahead, what will you do to ensure Hamilton receives the maximum benefit?
|Balta, Milena||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)||
|Beck, Keith||N/Aemail@example.com||(no website listed)||
|Bureau, Alain||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)|
|Denault, Steven Paul||N/Aemail@example.com||http://www.stevenpauldenault.com/||
|Kavanaugh, Brendan||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)||
|Kuruc, Ned||N/Aemail@example.com||(no website listed)||
|Lemma, Tony||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)||
|Nann, Nrinder||N/Aemail@example.com||(no website listed)||
|Rowe, Stephen||N/A||0||SRowe4Ward3@gmail.com||(no website listed)||
|Salonen, Amanda||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)|
|Smith, Dan||N/Aemail@example.com||(no website listed)||
|Sprague, Kristeen||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||(no website listed)||
RTH Articles (top)
Implementing a Safe Injection Site for Hamilton, By Nicole Smith, Published 2018-05-07
Community Engagement Should be an Ongoing Conversation, By Cameron Kroetsch, Published 2018-06-12
Ward 7 Appointee Should Help Council Look More Like Hamilton, By Craig Burley, Published 2018-06-12
A Fragile Democracy: Procedural Bylaw Change Muzzles Citizens, By Cameron Kroetsch, Published 2018-06-29
The Treasure Guardian, By Stewart Klazinga, Published 2018-07-16
Two Eggs, By Maureen Wilson, Published 2018-08-01
Making Your Municipal Vote Count, By Nicole Smith, Published 2018-08-20
Anti-LRT Candidate Accidentally Emails Secret Plan, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2018-08-24
Municipal Election Candidate Nomination Forms - UPDATED, By RTH Staff, Published 2018-09-17
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.