Do you support improved public transit in Hamilton? If so, what changes do you propose? If not, why not?
Responses to the question: "Do you support improved public transit in Hamilton? If so, what changes do you propose? If not, why not? "
In This Page:
6 Candidate Responses (top)
|Candidate||Brief Response||Full Response|
|Farr, Laura||Yes||As a transit taker, it can be very difficult to get to where you want to go using our network. When my son was still in daycare, if I didn’t drop him off before 8am, I was walking to City Hall for work. The buses on certain lines are over capacity. We need to look at our transit routes and adjust accordingly, such as Houston did in 2015.(https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2016/08/houston-bus-system-ridership/496313/) It is again a questions of where are people coming from and going to. It will only get worse as our populations ages and grows.|
|Kuruc, Ned||Yes||I support improved public transit in Hamilton. It is crucial that our transit plan focus on tying together all areas of Hamilton, rather than focusing on a singular line of transit.|
|Nann, Nrinder||Yes||Yes, I support improving public transportation in Hamilton.
* I will strongly advocate for the completion of the LRT plan. Enough is enough. We've come too far and taken too long
* I will advocate that we immediately catch up to our funding commitments for the 10-year Transit Strategy
* I will advocate that we phase out Area Rating and tier new money towards properly funding our transit system
* I will fight for wage and benefit parity for transit workers, no matter who they are employed by
* I will work with council, HSR and ATU to end the epidemic of canceled buses
* I will work with residents and staff to ensure that our cycling network is consistent, thorough, safe, separated where possible, well signed and well designed
|Smith, Dan||Yes||I do support improved public transit. I think a better Hamilton app to help find the schedule would help as well, we need more buses on the streets, especially for North/South travel.|
|Sprague, Kristeen||Yes||I do support improved public transit in Hamilton. I support more frequent routes in working class areas and in areas where people need to take transit to work. I think we need to make sure we have enough Darts drivers to improve transit for residents with mobility challenges. I think we need to consult groups such as the Hamilton Bus Rider's Union and ATU Local 107 to find out from riders and drivers what we can do to improve transit in our city, because they know best.|
Response Summary (top)
|Brief Response||Count||% of Total|
7 Candidates Have Not Responded (top)
|Denault, Steven Paul|