Hamilton Municipal Election 2014 Ward 5 (Municipal)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- Do you support the city's plan to build an east-west light rail transit (LRT) line with full capital funding from the Province?
- Do you support converting more of Hamilton's one-way thoroughfares into complete, two-way streets that support walking, cycling and transit?
- The City's Cycling Master Plan is up for review. Do you support improving the plan to speed the installation of cycling facilities and provide more high-quality protected infrastructure like the new Cannon Street cycle track?
- The Province plans to allow municipalities to use ranked ballots in future elections. If so, will you vote to adopt ranked ballots in Hamilton?
- Do you support an expanded role for Hamilton to provide more affordable housing? If so, what should Hamilton do?
- Do you support implementing a Vision Zero for Hamilton, with a goal of eliminating all pedestrian and cyclist deaths on our streets? If so, what specific actions would you take to implement this policy, and if not, why?
- Do you believe City Hall should be more accessible to Hamilton residents? If so, what steps would you take to achieve this?
- The Province has shelved a proposal to build a mid-peninsula highway from Niagara Falls or Fort Erie around Hamilton to connect with Hwy 401 or 407 north of Burlington. Do you agree with the Province's decision to put its development on hold?
- Do you support the use of participatory budgeting to allow ward residents to propose and vote on local capital projects?
- Do you believe Hamilton should do more to protect and enhance its built heritage?
|Collins, Chad||N/Aemail@example.com||(no website listed)||
|Rusich, George||N/A||0||(no email listed)||(no website listed)||
RTH Articles (top)
Bratina Raises Amalgamation Issue Again, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-01-08
Bratina Fumbles De-Amalgamation Again, By Zachary Spicer, Published 2014-01-09
Bob Bratina's Amalgamation Fascination, By Zachary Spicer, Published 2014-01-30
Hamilton's Future As A Tech City Threatened By Lack Of Leadership, By Adrian Duyzer, Published 2014-02-06
Please Consider Voting, By Sean Hurley, Published 2014-02-21
Term Limits Are a Solution: Not the Best, Just the Easiest, Sort Of (Candidate Submission), By Daniel Rodrigues, Published 2014-08-18
Public Education Discussion Must Include Skilled Trades, By Ed Sculthorpe, Published 2014-09-02
City of Hamilton Bans Campaigning in Public Spaces Used by HSR, By Joey Coleman, Published 2014-09-03
No Evidence to Support Clark's New LRT Position, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-09-05
Mayoral Candidate Demands Purchase in Exchange for Comment, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-09-08
Clark Reverses Position on All-Day GO Trains, Light Rail Transit, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-09-11
Why a Rental Housing Licence is so Important (Candidate Submission), By Ira Rosen, Published 2014-09-17
BRT is Not Just Express Buses, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-09-19
Mayoral Candidates Say Hamilton Needs To Supercharge Economic Growth, By Meghan Greaves, Published 2014-09-22
Letting Cooler Heads Prevail on Hot-Button Issues (Candidate Submission), By Marie Robbins, Published 2014-09-24
Clark LRT Play Highlights Problems With FOI Process, By Joey Coleman, Published 2014-09-25
Riding Bikes for Fun (Candidate Submission), By Marc Risdale, Published 2014-10-02
Hamilton 311 (Candidate Submission), By Jason Allen, Published 2014-10-07
Brad Clark Keeps Saying Things About Rapid Transit That Aren't True, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-14
Revised Platform (Candidate Submission), By Michael Baldasaro, Published 2014-10-15
What I Have to Offer Ward 2 (Candidate Submission), By Terri Wallis, Published 2014-10-15
October 2014 Brad Clark vs. May 2014 Brad Clark, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-16
My Campaign for Ward 7 Councillor (Candidate Submission), By Keith Beck, Published 2014-10-20
Mayoral Candidates on Light Rail Transit, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-21
Mayoral Candidates on Two-Way Complete Streets, Cycling, Traffic Fatalities, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-21
A Proven Community Leader for Trustee (Candidate Submission), By Ed Sculthorpe, Published 2014-10-22
HSR Needs an Independent Commission (Candidate Submission), By Jason Allen, Published 2014-10-22
Why I'm Running For Ward 1 and 2 Trustee (Candidate Submission), By Christine Bingham, Published 2014-10-24
Why Experience Counts in Run for Public School Trustee (Candidate Submission), By Dawn Danko, Published 2014-10-24
Trustees: The Invisible Part of a Municipal Election (Candidate Submission), By Christine Bingham, Published 2014-10-25
Proactive Role for Education in Reducing Poverty (Candidate Submission), By Sarah Warry-Poljanski, Published 2014-10-26
Every Single Vote Counts, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-26
Eisenberger Elected Mayor, All Incumbents Re-Elected, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-10-28
Why I Didn't Endorse in the 2014 Municipal Election, But May in the Future - Updated, By Joey Coleman, Published 2014-10-28
Voter Turnout: The Red Herring in The Room, By M Adrian Brassington, Published 2014-11-12
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Brian McHattie Campaign Site Launches, By RTH Staff, Published 2014-02-04
Eisenberger's LRT Position Ultimately Unhelpful, By Zachary Spicer, Published 2014-05-08
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.