Ontario Provincial Election 2014 (Provincial)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- Do you support Hamilton's plan to build an east-west light rail transit line with full provincial capital funding? If so, how will you ensure the project is funded?
- Do you support the proposal to build a new mid-Peninsula highway?
- Do you support regional GO transit expansion, including all-day two-way GO train service to Hamilton?
- The Ontario School Funding Formula currently incentivizes local school boards to neglect and close neighbourhood schools. Do you support keeping neighbourhood schools open? If so, how?
- Should the province play a role in encouraging safer streets that promote more active transportation like walking and cycling?
- Do you support maintaining or expanding the protection of farmland and rural natural land from urban boundary expansions?
- Do you accept the evidence of human-caused global warming? If so, what policy measures do you support to reduce greenhouse gas emissions? If not, why not?
- Do you support allowing Ontario residents to appeal to the Ontario Ombudsman with respect to municipalities, universities, school boards, hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities, police and children's aid societies (the MUSH sector)?
RTH Articles (top)
Get Ready for a June 12 Election, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-05-02
Hold Your Nose and Vote, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2014-06-12
The Ontario Election: What It Could Mean in Hamilton, By Joey Coleman, Published 2014-06-13
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.