Federal Election 2011 (Federal)
Note to Candidates: We make every attempt to ensure that the information provided here is correct. If you notice that any information about you is incorrect or missing, please let us know and we will fix it.
In This Page:
Campaign Questions (top)
Click on a question to see the responses from the candidates.
- Do you support some form of proportional representation instead of first-past-the-post voting? If so, what will you do to promote it? If not, why not?
- Will you always vote along party lines, or are you prepared to vote your conscience on a matter in which you disagree with your party's position?
- Do you support Vrancor's attempt to remove heritage protection from 150 Main Street West (the old Revenue Canada building)? Why or why not?
- Will you call for a full public inquiry into the 2010 G20? Why or why not?
- Do you believe global oil production is at or near an historic peak? If so, what will your party do to prepare Canada for declining oil production? If not, why not?
- Do you believe human activity is contributing to climate change? If so, what should we do about it? If not, why not?
- Will your platform promote the growth of manufacturing jobs in Hamilton? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Will your party take steps to make sure the foreign purchase of Canadian companies does not cost Canadian jobs? If so, what will you do? If not, why not?
- Do you believe parliamentary rule has been eroding in Canada? If so, what will you do to reverse it? If not, why not?
- Do you believe the Federal Government is doing everything it can to complete the cleanup of Randle Reef? Why or why not?
- Please explain how the Prime Minister and cabinet are formed in the Canadian Parliamentary system.
- The House of Commons Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage has recommended that CBC's annual parliamentary grant be raised from $33 per Canadian to $40. Will you support this recommendation? Why or why not? If so, will you advocate for a Hamilton-based CBC radio station?
- Do you believe the Federal Government needs to do more to support cities? If so, what needs to change? If not, why not?
RTH Articles (top)
Live Rally Coverage from thespec.com, By Joey Coleman, Published 2011-04-07
A Missing Voice at the Leaders' Debates in 2011, By Simon Geoghegan, Published 2011-04-12
A Question of Principles: Hamilton Centre's Green Party Candidate 2011, By Lorenzo Somma, Published 2011-04-18
This Pesky Coalition Business, By Michael Cumming, Published 2011-04-21
Uneven Response to RTH Election Questions, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-25
Live Blogging Election Results, By RTH Staff, Published 2011-05-02
Conservatives Win Majority Government, By Adrian Duyzer, Published 2011-05-02
First-Past-The-Post Is Unfair, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-05-04
What's In A Vote?, By Undustrial, Published 2011-05-14
RTH Blog Entries (top)
Federal Election 2011, By RTH Staff, Published 2011-03-25
Help Get Out The Vote, By Lorne Warwick, Published 2011-03-28
Roundtable Calls on Federal Leaders to Implement Poverty Strategy, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-06
News Coverage Favours Major Parties, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-12
Candidate List Nears Finalization, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-12
Find Your Riding, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-13
2011 Federal Leaders Debate, By RTH Staff, Published 2011-04-13
Green Candidate Burson Not Allowed to Run in Hamilton Centre, By RTH Staff, Published 2011-04-14
Help Contact Hamilton-Area Candidates, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-15
Burson Seeks Injunction to Register Candidacy, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-19
This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Canada, By Ryan McGreal, Published 2011-04-28
Known Third-Party Apps (top)
There do not appear to be any known third-party apps for this election.