Annie Tennier, Candidate for Hamilton Centre in Federal Election 2011
Details page for this candidate.
In This Page:
Candidate Details (top)
|Election||Federal Election 2011|
|Party||Liberal Party of Canada|
|Bio||Anne Tennier is a woman who believes in making a difference, which is clearly evident in her personal and professional lives.
A chemist and professional engineer for more than 30 years, Anne has succeeded in traditionally male-dominated professions. Fluently bilingual, her well-developed leadership skills have been honed through her experience in the pulp & paper, transportation and food industries. As any good leader is aware, Anne appreciates the value of mentorship and the necessity of being a team player. Her solid relationship-building skills have benefited her employers and the communities they served.
From watching the example of her parents, who were active in Pierre Trudeau’s 1968 campaign, to becoming a volunteer with the Liberal Party in New Brunswick, Alberta and Ontario, Anne has demonstrated her commitment to Liberal Party values.
In Anne’s view, community service is one of the highest callings. Her community participation with the United Way, various charitable organizations and municipal service have benefited from Anne’s leadership, dedication to excellence and solid business acumen.
* Anne, 53, was born into a working-class family in the Saguenay region of northern Québec; she has a brother, Greg (Vancouver), and a sister, Barb (Fredericton)
* Anne and her husband, Ralph, were married in October 1992
* Her step-daughter, Karen, has three children (the latest born March 2, 2011)
* Her late father, Ken, a veteran of the Second World War, worked in a pulp-and-paper mill; her late mother, Barbara, worked as a domestic in England before marrying Ken and moving to Canada shortly after the war; they never owned a car
* Anne earned her BSc in Chemistry and her M.Eng in Chemical Engineering from the University of New Brunswick; she also completed the Executive Development Program, Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, and the Food Law & Policy Program, University of Guelph
* She is a recognized expert in her field of environmental management, and has a high degree of respect and credibility within government and industry
* Anne is a firm believer in community service. In addition to serving the federal and provincial Liberal parties on riding association executive committees in Alberta and Ontario, she also served as a director of the United Way and co-chaired the Flamborough Mayor’s Community Advisory Council, and as a director of Alberta Eco-Trust; she’s also a member of wide variety of professional and business associations
* Anne has forged strong links with all levels of government and industry
* She first joined the Liberal Party of Canada in 1986, is a Laurier Club member, and has been an active volunteer on a number of provincial and federal election campaigns
Responses to Questions (top)
This candidate does not appear to have responded to any questions yet.