Vito Sgro, Candidate for Mayor in Hamilton Municipal Election 2018
Details page for this candidate.
In This Page:
Candidate Details (top)
|Election||Hamilton Municipal Election 2018|
|Bio||For more than 30 years Vito Sgro has been a successful Hamilton businessman and volunteer. The son of hard working Italian immigrants, the Cardinal Newman graduate earned two degrees from the University of Western Ontario—a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Bachelor of Arts in Business and Finance.
Vito attained his accreditation as a Chartered Accountant in 1991 and embarked on a nearly 30 year outstanding career as an accountant with area firms, as well as a stint as an auditor for Revenue Canada. Since 1998 Vito has been a partner with CBM Chartered Accountants LLP.
Over the years Vito’s expertise has been sought by various public organizations including:
- 2005-2008: Board Director – The Hamilton Port Authority
- 2005-2008: Chair of the Audit Committee – The Hamilton Port Authority
- 2011: Board Director – Hamilton Entertainment Convention & Facilities Incorporated
- 2013 - 2018: Board Director – Ontario Infrastructure and Land Corporation
- 2013-2018: Vice-Chair of the Audit Committee – Ontario Infrastructure and Land Corporation
Now Vito wants to bring his wealth of experience to the service of the community he loves—Hamilton. With your help Vito can effect real change in the continued progress of Hamilton!
With an enormous opportunity being presented to Hamilton, I am running to be your Mayor so that we can invest in the city that we want and to connect all of Hamilton.
If given this opportunity to serve as your Mayor, I will work hard every day to ensure that the ambitious projects undertaken by the City benefit the entire city.